(+/-) Newsletter Archive
- SVS welcomes two new Field Applications Engineers to our team!October 11, 2016
Following a period of business expansion, SVS Ltd are pleased to welcome two new Field Applications Engineers to our team. Rob Martin and Daniel Daws recently took up their positions with the company. Rob joins us with a wealth of experience in the traffic industry having served with a market leader. He specialises in CCTV and traffic ...
- SVS complete automation of the Sandfield BridgeSeptember 29, 2016
Working with Kier Integrated Services and the Canals & Rivers Trust, Smart Video & Sensing Ltd have completed the automation of the Sandfield Bridge on the Gloucester-Sharpness canal near Saul, Gloucestershire. The swing bridge has been upgraded from manual operation by a bridge-keeper to potentially unmanned operation by registered canal users utilising an App on a ...
- SVS deliver upgrade to Weston Hills Tunnel video incident detection systemJune 30, 2016
Smart Video & Sensing Limited (SVS) have completed a major upgrade to the Weston Hills road tunnel (A505 near Baldock, Hertfordshire) video incident detection (VAID) system. The requirement was to upgrade the outdated incident detection system system with new cameras and the latest Citilog MediaTunnel Version 8 software. The new system was also integrated into ...
- Smart Video & Sensing Completes Rebranding exerciseMay 18, 2016
- SVS present latest upgrade to Conwy incident detection system at UK Road Tunnel Operators ForumMay 4, 2016
Smart Video & Sensing exhibited at the UK Road Tunnel Operators Forum in Deganwy, North Wales on 26th/27th April 2016. The Forum celebrated 25 years since the opening of the Conwy Tunnel under the River Conwy Estuary. Peter Eccleson, Managing Director of SVS presented the successful installation of an upgrade to the Conwy Tunnel video incident ...
- Smart Video & Sensing gain type approval for XCamMarch 31, 2016
Smart Video & Sensing Ltd are pleased to announce that we have secured Department of Transport Type Approval for the Citilog XCam range of above ground detectors. Approval is to the Department of Transport’s Technical Requirement specification TR2505A for the purpose of detecting vehicles at permanent traffic signals. As a value-added reseller for Citilog in UK, Smart ...
- Smart Video for traffic control trialled in PortsmouthMarch 15, 2016
Portsmouth is currently trialling XCam smart video sensor technology for vehicle presence detection at traffic signal junctions; the first city in the UK to undertake such trials of this product. XCam works by detecting both standing and moving traffic at the junctions and interfacing with the on-street traffic signal controller. Priority can be adjusted to ...
- BlipTrack launches new 3D object tracking radarMarch 2, 2016
3D Object Tracking Traffic Management Radar
- Smart Mobility Solution Help Portsmouth Improve Traffic Planning and Reduce Commuting Times.February 22, 2016
Smart Mobility Solution Help Portsmouth Improve Traffic Planning and Reduce Commuting Times. High-tech sensors help the City of Portsmouth to monitor the road conditions, measure the impact of major road works and events, maximize the effectiveness of diversion routes and improve traffic models. The City of Portsmouth, one of the most densely populated and traffic-tormented cities ...
- New name for Smart CCTV LimitedFebruary 18, 2016
New name for Smart CCTV Limited The Value Added Reseller Smart CCTV Ltd is re-naming and re-branding to become Smart Video and Sensing Ltd, or SVS. Smart CCTV Ltd, which represents a number of companies in the UK including Citilog, BLIP Systems, Tattile, and Qvision Technology was founded in November 2001. The name change is part ...
- North Wales A55 Tunnels VAID UpgradeApril 4, 2014
We have recently received an order to provide additional video incident detection camera licenses in the Penmaenbach and Pen-y-Clip road tunnels on the A55 road in North Wales as part of the Welsh Governments program to improve safety and travel times in the Principality. In addition to the VAID system upgrade we designed a new fixed ...
- Smart CCTV becomes an approved supplier to Network RailMarch 28, 2014
Smart CCTV has been awarded a number of contracts by Network Rail Wessex Region to undertake ANPR and pedestrian surveys at level crossings in the region. This work is part of Networks Rail’s program to reduce the risk of accidents at level crossings, the surveys will provide both Network Rail and the Local Highway Authority with ...
- How your mobile phone is helps you avoid traffic jams without you even knowingFebruary 7, 2014
Great South Run in Portsmouth by craigcullam CC 2.0-SA It’s 9.25am on Sunday the 27th of October 2013 and Portsmouth is gearing itself up for 25,000 amateur athletes to pound it’s streets as part of the Great South Run. As well as closing roads and needing to set up lengthy diversions, Portsmouth City Council also has ...
- ANPR Cameras protect 400 year old bridgeJanuary 14, 2014
We have recently installed 3M ANPR cameras on the County Bridge in Barnard Castle. The 400 year old bridge has a 7.5 tonne weight limit and the cameras are there in order to capture HGVs ignoring the restriction. For more information, please see: http://www.teesdalemercury.co.uk/Articles/2014/two-years-on-cctv-installed-on-bridge
- Smart CCTV and Atkins have signed a framework agreement for the supply of traffic surveysNovember 8, 2013
Smart CCTV and Atkins have signed a framework agreement for the supply of traffic survey services by Smart CCTV to Atkins Ltd and to their clients. This agreement covers the whole of the UK
- Smart CCTV is now Certified under SSIPOctober 31, 2013
Smart CCTV is now Certified under SSIP (Safety Systems in Procurement) by Acclaim Accreditation that our Health & Safety System meets the requirements of Stage 1 of Appendix 4 of the construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007. Acclaim Accreditation 13615
- Smart CCTV is now on Construction LineOctober 15, 2013
Smart CCTV is now on Construction Line. Construction Line is a UK Government database of accredited suppliers to the Civil Engineering industry, with the aim to allow customers to pre-qualify potential suppliers for tenders without having to incur significant costs. Constructionline Certificate Oct 2013
- Smart CCTV has installed a city-wide Bliptrack Bluetooth & Wi-Fi sensing based traffic management system in PortsmouthOctober 1, 2013
Smart CCTV has installed a city-wide Bliptrack Bluetooth & Wi-Fi sensing based traffic management system in Portsmouth. Portsmouth is located on an Island with three key roads into and out of the city. We have deployed a number of Bliptrack Bluetooth & Wi-Fi sensors at key points on the road network which feed data into ...
- Smart CCTV installs a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi based traffic management system in PortsmouthSeptember 27, 2013
Traffic engineers are tasked with keeping the roads flowing, the most common sensor technology used is inductive loops which require the road to be closed for both installation and maintenance. Modern mobile phones, hands free kits and some satellite navigation systems use either Bluetooth radio or Wi-Fi to connect to other devices. Using BlipTrack’s sensing technology ...
- Smart CCTV has completed a CCTV camera position survey at Junction 33 of the M6 MotorwaySeptember 15, 2013
Smart CCTV has completed a CCTV camera position survey at Junction 33 of the M6 Motorway. Using our Vehicle mounted telescopic 15-Metre mast and a fully digital PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) camera, we provided 360 degree views at a proposed new highway camera location to ensure the camera could view the whole Junction.
- BLIP Systems and Smart CCTV announce partnership to deliver wireless traffic solution to congested British citiesSeptember 9, 2013
BLIP Systems, based in Denmark, a major supplier of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi journey time, origin and destination, traffic congestion monitoring and traffic management solutions has appointed Smart CCTV as their UK value added reseller. “We see a high potential for BlipTrack in the UK market and together with Smart CCTV we can deliver competitive and customised ...
- Smart CCTV installs Sick Laser scanners in GloucesterSeptember 6, 2013
Smart CCTV has recently installed two SICK laser scanners onto a canal swing bridge in Gloucester. These scanners, in combination with CCTV recording, provide a method of automatically checking that the swing bridge is empty and safe to open for oncoming canal boats.
- Smart CCTV Time-Lapse Video – Now on YouTubeSeptember 4, 2013
Fareham College in Hampshire have uploaded the first of many time-lapse videos, depicting the construction of their new CEMAST building. This video shows a four-day sample of the time-lapse footage, from 26th – 30th August 2013.
- Smart CCTV has been successfully checked on the Balfour Beatty Accreditation & Supplier Information SystemSeptember 1, 2013
Smart CCTV has been successfully checked on the Balfour Beatty Accreditation & Supplier Information System (BBASIS) Managed by Achilles Information Ltd.
- Smart CCTV Time Lapse Videos in FarehamJuly 24, 2013
Smart CCTV has installed the first of its new range of time lapse video systems in Fareham Hampshire. The system will build up a time lapse video of the new Fareham college facility which is starting construction.
- Smart CCTV has become registered under the Rail industry’s Linked-up systemJune 18, 2013
Linked-up allows customers in the railway industry to identify potential vendors without having to go through a full pre-qualification process. For more information, please see the certifications section of our website
- New Addition to the Smart CCTV TeamJune 1, 2013
Smart CCTV is pleased to announce that they have appointed Daniel Daws as an additional Field Application Engineer. Daniel has a MSc in Electronic Engineering from Portsmouth University.
- Smart CCTV Completes Highways Agency Monitoring SystemMarch 31, 2013
Smart CCTV has completed the role out of the Highways Agency Area 6 3G CCTV traffic monitoring system and handed the system over into the HA’s maintenance regime. The system comprises of multiple CCTV cameras on the East Anglia trunk road network which provide real time video information to the East Regional Control Centre to ...
- Smart CCTV Completes Complex Pedestrian and Cycle SurveyDecember 6, 2012
Smart CCTV completes a complex pedestrian and Cycle survey for Slough BC. Undertaken over 3 days at 12 locations the survey enumerated the number of cyclists and pedestrians and various town centre locations and classified them by age and gender.
- Smart CCTV Becomes Achilles RegisteredSeptember 30, 2012
Smart CCTV has become registered on the Utilities Vendors Database managed by Achilles. Registration allows Utilities companies to prequalify potential vendors without having to go through a specific time consuming process.
- Smart CCTV Appoints New Health and Safety ConsultantsSeptember 30, 2012
Smart CCTV has appointed NatWest Mentor as our Health and Safety Consultants. NatWest Mentor have undertaken a full review of our Health and safety policies to ensure that they comply with best practice, going forward NatWest Mentor will provide consultancy to ensure that our policies remain relevant and compliant with any new requirements.
- Smart CCTV Becomes BSI CertifiedAugust 29, 2012
Smart CCTV has become registered under the iSO9001:2008 Quality Management System by BSI Assurance UK. Utilising the ISO901:2008 system will ensure we are able to manage a continual business improvement process to enhance our solutions to our customers.
- Smart CCTV Road Tunnel Incident DetectionJuly 1, 2012
Smart CCTV has installed a major video incident detection system into three road tunnels on the A55 in North Wales. Based in Citilog’s new VisioPad+ software and designed to work with PTZ cameras, this installation offers the benefits of a fixed camera incident detection while the PTZ cameras are in their home position with a ...
- Atkins add Smart CCTV to their national traffic survey frameworkAugust 10, 2011
Atkins, the major engineering consultancy has added Smart CCTV as an approved supplier to their national traffic survey framework agreement. Smart CCTV, through its use of video analytics is able to offer additional capabilities, for example speed estimation from video to the range of solutions available in the traffic survey marketplace. Nick Hewitson, Managing Director of Smart ...
- Citilog appoints Smart CCTV as their Authorised Value Added Reseller for the UKDecember 3, 2010
Smart CCTV have taken over responsibility for the sales and support of the full Citilog range of Video Incident Detection, Traffic Management and Data Collection products throughout the UK. Eric Toffin, VP of Sales at Citilog, commented “ the combination of Citilog’s leading edge product range of video based incident detection systems and above ground ...
- PeekMouchel has approved Smart CCTV as a supplier of CCTV and intelligent video traffic equipmentSeptember 24, 2010
PeekMouchel the East and East Midlands TechMAC for the Highways agency has approved Smart CCTV as a supplier of CCTV and intelligent video traffic equipment covering video incident detection and traffic surveys. Our supplier approval to Peek Mouchel covers the installation of trchnologially advanced CCTV solutions for the Highways Agency network in a large part of ...
- Smart CCTV has completed a retail traffic survey in a well known High Street named branch.July 29, 2010
We looked at the number of people accessing the aisle relating to a specific product type, how long they stayed in the area and if they reached into the gondola to remove an item. This data was then used by the retail market research specialists to compare how the store was operating against the expected ...
- Smart CCTV has completed a series of 7 day traffic surveys across an English National Park.May 28, 2010
Due to the sensitive nature of the environment great care had to be taken to ensure that there was minimal environmental impact. Our CCTV and Radar based survey equipment had to be battery powered for the full length of the surveys both to reduce the carbon footprint due to site visits and to minimise the ...
- High Mast Video Partner with Smart CCTV for NHS Trust car park surveyMay 28, 2010
In conjunction with one of our Partners High Mast Video Ltd, we have completed a major car park survey for a NHS Trust. Based around our Smart ANPR camera technology, we were able to measure the average stay lengths in the hospital car parks. This data will be used by the trust to better understand ...
For more information on any of our products, please contact our sales team directly on 023 9224 8250 or complete our online form.